March 3–4, 2018
Every year, the Academy celebrates all things prehistoric during Paleopalooza, a two-day festival of fossils. We are celebrating our 10-year anniversary in 2018 with new activities, plus our most popular attractions. At this year’s Paleopalooza, you can:
- See famous specimens from Thomas Jefferson’s fossil collection
- Meet live reptiles
- Join us at a 10th Anniversary T. rex Appreciation Station for crafts, bricks, and shopping
- Get a tattoo or have your face painted
- Hear a story from Marty the Moose, the Academy’s favorite storyteller
- Reimagine Hadrosaurus foulkii with a real paleo artist
- See paleontology stage shows from real scientists, and talk to real paleontologists in the museum
- Witness experts from Franklin Fountain and Shane Confectionary building a sweet Cabinet of Curiosity modeled on museum specimens, get free samples, and visit their pop-up shop serving ice cream and Jefferson hot chocolate
- Dig for fossils to take home
- Learn how scientists learn about dinosaur movement using technology
- Do hands-on activities to understand how dinosaurs themselves solved problems
- Tour Dinosaur Hall
- Ask questions in the Fossil Prep Lab
- Visit the new Crocs exhibit, featuring live species, including the Siamese crocodile, the broad-nosed caiman, the American alligator, and the West African dwarf crocodile (extra ticket required)
- And so much more!
Free for members or with general museum admission.
Academy Members Can Meet Buddy from Dinosaur Train
Meet Buddy the T. rex from Dinosaur Train at Paleopalooza! Academy members can attend the members-only meet and greet on Sunday, March 4 from 10–11 a.m. Academy members register here. Space is limited and registration is required. Registered members will receive a wristband when they check in at the admissions desk. Not a member? Join today!