Dinos After Dark
Thursday, May 24, 2018
5:00 PM-8:00 PM
Join us for Dinos After Dark and enjoy pay-what-you-wish admission, family activities and an outdoor beer garden right in front of Philly’s Dinosaur Museum.
At Dinos After Dark:
- Participate in a family-friendly yoga and movement session
- Visit Outside In, do a scavenger hunt and meet some of our amazing live animals and buggy boarders
- Immerse yourself in our tropical butterfly house
- Observe our technicians preparing real specimens in the Fossil Prep Lab
- See the Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Trailer and meet Blue, the raptor from the film
- If you’re a teacher or PTA member, join us in our Educators’ Lounge for special activities and networking opportunities
Purchase drinks and food from the Academy Beer Garden: Dino Drafts, outdoors from 4-10 p.m.!
Skip the line and pre-register online!
Trailer: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
The Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom trailer will play in our auditorium. Throughout the night, stop by the Fallen Kingdom booth in Dino Hall for a chance to win free tickets to an advance screening of the movie, receive free posters and meet Blue, the raptor from the film.
Meet the Animals
Meet the furry, feathered and scaly residents of the museum’s Live Animal Center and explore their behaviors, adaptations and ecosystems. The museum's Live Animal Center supports over 100 individual animal ambassadors and several colonies of invertebrates.
5:30 and 7 p.m.
Join us for some fun, freestyle, family-friendly yoga and movement activities! Meet Family Fitness Instructor and teacher Peter Braynor at the Academy’s famous Moose diorama for a 30-minute workout to a variety of jams. Sessions will be at 5:30 and 7 p.m. and are free! Bring a mat if you want (but you can participate without it).
Attention educators, administrators and PTO members: Visit us in our Educators’ Lounge to learn more about the resources we have to offer your school community. You can:
- Ask questions about field trips and Academy visits to your classroom
- Learn how an Academy experience fits into your curriculum and meets NGSS standards
- Make your field trip reservation and get a discounted rate of $6 per student for your 2018 visit
- Learn hands-on STEAM activities for your classroom
- Meet live animals that make our educational programming so special
- Take a chance to win a family membership or a free outreach to your school
- Network with other educators, administrators and PTO members
- Pick up your special Educator Kit filled with supplies for your classroom
About the Academy’s Beer Garden: Dino Drafts
Join 12th St. Catering and the Academy of Natural Sciences for Dino Drafts: The Academy Beer Garden outside on the Parkway during Dinos After Dark. Come soak in the evening sun, play board games, purchase beer or sample some mouthwatering bites (think tacos!) at the foot of a giant animatronic orchid mantis. The entire museum will be open with pay-what-you-wish admission (suggested donation is $10 per person). Families are welcome—and if you like, you can stop by for a drink and carry it with you as your group enjoys the museum. Partial proceeds from Dino Drafts: The Academy Beer Garden benefit the Academy of Natural Sciences. Beer garden hours are 4-10 p.m.
Upcoming Dinos After Dark Dates
- June 21 (Thursday)
- July 17 (Tuesday)
- August 23 (Thursday)
- September 28 (Friday)
- October 26 (Friday)
- November 23 (Friday)